PEAS' Living Wish List
- Office/meeting space
- We need a place to have staff meetings and meet with folks with whom we are collaborating.
- A small office that fits 4 people working would be find for now. We can have full staff meetings at Cunningham.
- Ideally with a closet or some storage area.
- The ideal is….a space where all PEAS staff have a dedicated work space with an additional conference room for private meetings, staff meetings, etc. Ideal would also include large storage onsite.
- Supply storage
- Either in the office space or elsewhere, storage location where we can store all supplies
- Ideally we would have a location north and south so that supplies can be easily accessible for educators working throughout the city.
- High capacity printer with extra ink - color, auto-double sided printing.
- Gift cards for teacher and staff appreciation
- Gift cards for silent auctions
- Funding to run programs in economically disadvantaged schools
- Solar powered generator to provide electricity at community farm/outdoor learning lab
- Printing - garden/kitchen signs, educational posters, outreach materials
- Tools (in good condition) - wheel barrows, hand tools, pruner, loppers, work gloves, shovels, flat forks, buckets, staple and nail guns, etc..
During the 2018-19 school year PEAS provided garden and nature-based science and health classes to 17 schools in Austin.
- 22 programs in 17 schools
- 123 classes receiving a over 1400 individual lessons
- Almost 2200 students spending of 23,000 hours actively engaged in nature-based learning during the school day!